March 1, 2023
Yard Waste Collection: Zones 1 & 3
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Preparation of Yard Waste Materials for Collection:
- Yard waste must be placed into manageable bundles and tied with string, or may be put in an open-end trash can, as long as limbs are not protruding above the can. Limbs that are loose on the ground will not be picked up.
- Limbs and branches must not exceed six (6) feet in length and four (4) inches in diameter.
- Grass clippings are considered trash, not yard waste.
- There is no limit to the number of bagged leaves/yard waste collected, except that no more than 300 lbs. of brush and/or bagged leaves/yard waste will be removed from any residence.
- Leaves/yard waste must be in biodegradable paper bags or open-end trash cans. Leaves/yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Collection occurs once a month January - September and twice a month October - December.
- Rear-yard customers must place their yard waste curbside for collection and should check the solid waste collection schedule to determine the service zone in which their residence lies.