Dear PECO Customer:
At PECO, we are committed to providing safe and reliable energy service for our customers and the community we serve. As part of that commitment, we will be upgrading and installing new equipment to enhance the local natural gas infrastructure in your neighborhood.
About the Project:
- PECO will be replacing the existing natural gas equipment to enhance service in your neighborhood. This includes installing new underground pipe, which is more durable, enhances safety and improves service reliability.
- Work is expected to begin February 2023 at Berkley Rd from Valley Forge Rd to Lancaster Ave, Surrey Wy from Berkley Ave to N/O Berkley Ave, Grove Ave from Berkley Ave to S/O Berkley Ave, Grove Ave from Lehigh Ave to N/O Berkley Ave in Easttown Township.
- Work will be completed on Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- The project is expected to be completed in May 2023.
- This work will be performed by Miller Bros., a qualified PECO contractor. If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment, please contact William Morris of Miller Bros. at 267-247-6965. If you are not the owner of the building, please forward this written notice to the owner of the building.
Most of the work will be performed outdoors, but to safely connect your property to the new natural gas main, PECO or a PECO contractor will need to turn off natural gas service and then enter your property to relight your appliances after the connection. We will need access to the natural gas appliances or equipment in your home so we can perform this work and later that day to restore service and relight any appliances. At this time, we will also be relocating any indoor natural gas meters to the exterior of the building to a location that is aboveground and is as close as practical to the existing indoor location.
This relocation work is necessary for the safety of our employees, contractors, customers, and communities and is mandated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission.
Prior to work beginning, customers should mark any customer owned facilities present on the property. Examples of customer owned facilities include, but are not limited to, water services, sewer laterals, septic tanks, underground cable, drainage pipe, security lines, private lighting, dog fences, and sprinkler systems.
- For the safety of our crews, customers, and communities, all crews and contractors will be practicing social distancing, and we ask that all customers do the same.
- PECO crews and contractors will be following safety protocols, including wearing additional protective equipment.
- To ensure a safe environment when indoors, employee and contractor crews will wipe down all surfaces where the work is being performed before and after completing the work.
This work may occur in roadways as well as on sidewalks and potentially on your property. We will also work closely with local officials to minimize the impact on traffic and pedestrians whenever possible. Any areas impacted on your property will be repaired, the streets will be repaved, and all areas will be restored to their original condition.
If you have any other questions about this work and/or would like to provide any supplemental information, please call PECO Work Inquiries at 610-832-6420 or email GasWorkInquiries@exeloncorp.com.
If you are not currently using natural gas and are interested in learning more about the conversion process, please call PECO New Business at 866-685-5665.
For general utility questions, you may also contact the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, Bureau of Customer Service at 800-692-7380.
Vice President, PECO Gas Operations